There are many benefits to becoming an LSF Member school.
1. As an LSF Member School, your school will be listed in the LSF Member School Directory. The Directory allows you to create a profile for your school featuring academic and extracurricular activities, admissions and financial aid procedures, and other relevant information. Families interested in attending your school will have immediate access to your school profile and admissions events. They will be able to search for your school by location, affiliation, and other distinguishable school characteristics. This is a great way to gain exposure in the Latino community!
2. Access to prospective student profiles through the online portal of LSF Access Program students.
3. Invitation to the annual LSF Member School Fair event held in the fall of each year.
4. Partnership in expanding the diversification of independent and parochial schools across the United States.
5. Ongoing communication about LSF programs, services, and current events in the Hispanic/Latino world and how you can incorporate them in your school setting.
6. LSF will act as a liaison between school staff and Hispanic/Latino families in need of supplemental linguistic and academic support.
7. The Latino Student Fund Difference guarantees that Latino families at your school will feel comfortable and accommodated in your school environment. We provide wrap-around services so that all students and their families feel welcome in their school environment and comfortable in their adjustment to a new school culture.
1. Informational seminars provided by the LSF to educate school staff members, students and parents about the Latino community and the best practices for integrating Latino students and families into the independent and parochial school environment.
2. Academic support for students in need at the LSF Tutoring Program on Saturday mornings throughout the school year.
3. Annual College Night for Hispanic/Latino high school students in the fall of each year. This event includes a panel discussion with university representatives, a school fair, and bilingual financial aid presentation.
School Placement Services: LSF Access Program
1. Student recruitment and distribution of school informational materials to Latino families.
2. Personalized school recommendations and application assistance.
3. Discounted test fees through collaboration with the Meltzer Center at George Washington University.
4. LSF staff members will accompany potential Latino students and their families to your school for visiting days and Open House events.
5. The Latino Student Fund is committed to the shared goal of enrolling Latino/Hispanic students in your school.